Hi. I’m Jason. I’m a marketer, content creator and photographer based in Portland, Oregon.
I think of myself most as content creator and story teller. Until recently I worked in the marketing department for Betabrand.com in San Francisco. I joined Betabrand as the 6th employee, and during my four years with Betabrand I wore quite a few hats. In the last year with the company my main role was Photography Editor. I also ran point on media relations for our Bike to Work Collection.
Besides that, I worked with the product design team and am credited with the design of a number of products for the cycling collection including the Bike to Work Jeans, Jacket, Shirts, and Knickers to name a few. I also worked with technical designers for the last several years making iterative improvements to the fit, durability and feature set of the Bike to Work Pants as well.
As a cornerstone of the marketing team, my various roles and accomplishments during my tenure with Betabrand include:
- Photographing hundreds of products in studio, lifestyle and editorial styles
- Reaching out and working with cycling brands on cross promotional marketing campaigns and collaborations
- Worked public relations getting placement in major cycling publications and blogs
- Featured in Momentum Magazine as a player in cycling fashion
- Graphic production artist, creating banners, banner ads, and rendering spec flats in Illustrator
- Web merchandising and web production in Magento
- Art direction and producing photoshoots
- Social Media Marketing
I’m also a mountain bike skills coach for Bikeskills.com, publish a cycling blog called Bermstyle and moonlight as a freelance photographer and web designer. I make websites using Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress, often helping small businesses with content and brand development.
I spend the rest of my time outdoors riding bikes. It’s an overwhelming passion, and I volunteer much of my free time working with non-profit advocacy groups working to keep trail access open, and to build and create more places to ride and play.
Find me online: